Veggie burger pattie:
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 cup cooked jasmine or brown rice
1/2 tbsp Kaffir Lime Powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 fresh red chile
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp green onion, diced
1 tbsp canola oil
- In a food processor, gently pulse all ingredients excluding sunflower seeds, green onion, and canola oil.
- Move mixture to a large bowl. Add sunflower seeds and green onion. Shape into patties.
- In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, add the canola oil. When the oil is hot and shimmering, gently add the patties.
- Cook the patties, for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from heat, and drain on paper towels.
- Assemble each burger as desired.