1 tbsp RawSpiceBar Mahlab Spice
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup rice flour
14 tbsp butter, cut into cubes and softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 lemon, grated rind
- Place the butter and sugar into bowl and beat. Add lemon rind and ground RawSpiceBar Mahlab Spice and beat until incorporated.
- Sift flour and rice flour together and add to the creamy butter mixture. Beat at the slowest speed until just combined.
- Move to a lightly floured surface and form a dough with the ball of your hands. Divide into two.
- Take a sheet of baking paper and form into a log - roll the sheet and twist the ends to form a tight roll. Repeat with the other half. Place in the fridge until firm.
- When ready to cook, remove the dough from the paper and cut into even slices. Lay onto a baking paper lined tray and bake at 300°F until firm. Let cool on cooling rack and enjoy!