2 tbsp RawSpiceBar’s Freshly Ground Taco Seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 cups corn kernels, yellow or white, fresh or frozen (no need to thaw)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 block firm tofu
1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
Cilantro leaves, fresh, for garnish
14 pasilla chiles
California walnuts, roughly chopped, for garnish
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 3 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, garlic, RawSpiceBar’s Ground Red Chiles Taco Seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until the peppers are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously coat a large glass or enameled baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- When the mushroom and corn mixture is cool, add the tofu, Jack cheese, and walnuts; mix well. Gently spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into each chile; using your fingers, carefully stuff the filling down into the chile. Using your hands, gently mold the top edge of the chile to enclose the filling.
- Transfer the stuffed chiles to the prepared baking dish. Bake, until the filling is hot, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and a sprinkling of chopped California walnuts.